Monday, July 7, 2008

Gardening while on vacation or, the one foot zuchinni

Having a garden is like having a pet, or children. You can't just pick up and leave and hope that everyone/thing will be OK. You have to make arrangements. Then, you have to hope that your arrangements are satisfactory and when you return all will be in order. Or, at least a close facsimile there of. So it was that I left for a convention immediately followed by week at the beach the week before last. I trusted the friend, she has proven faithful before, packed up and left town.

Let me just say this, dang those zucchinis grow fast!

This is our official first "fruit" of the garden. It was waiting for me when I got home like a giant, "welcome home" banner. Surprisingly, this was the only one, my plants are slow on the female flowers it would seem. There are many gestating, but none have matured yet. The fate of this zuch would be tempura.
Slice.

Fry.
Eat.

No comments: